Female Hip-Hop artists are currently on the rise and Brooklyn’s, Azia is on her way to be a new name climbing up the charts to claim the throne. Previously recognized as 1/2 of the group, Thirsty 4 P.O.P., Azia has now taken the steps towards establishing a solo career with the release of her new single, Pull Up On Ya, featuring Azor.
Being the first born to her Haitian mother and Trinidadian father, Azia’s roots in music began very early in life; her love for Rap, R&B, Soca and Kompa started at home where she witnessed her father work in his recording studio. Azia’s sound, style, and effortless beauty makes her a triple threat as she continues to push boundaries in music and create powerful visuals for her work.
On the vision behind the video for Pull Up On Ya: The carribean-tinged anthem is brazen and gutty, with Azia taking viewers to the trenches. Paying homage to her Haitian roots, Azia integrates the history of Voodoo, a cultural rooting that many slaves often called upon for spiritual freedom and enlightenment. Azia makes it clear that voodoo is not the negative connotation of “black magic” that people often assume but rather a jovial culturally enriched vital spark.
Check it out and let us know what you think! Also stay updated with new releases and projects from Azia by following her on Instagram @aziaiam11.
- AUDIOVISUAL: AZIA X PULL UP ON YA - September 17, 2017
- CRUISING IN PHILLY WITH PENNY SKATEBOARDS - September 17, 2017
- INTERVIEW: TAPZ, NEW ZEALAND BASED RAPPER/PRODUCER INTRODUCES US TO “NOIR R&B” MUSIC - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: HIKARI COSMETICS - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: RUMI X, AN ECO-CONSCIOUS YOGA + ACTIVEWEAR LINE MADE FROM COFFEE GRINDS - August 27, 2017
- INTERVIEW: BAD PERCEPTION BY OGEMDI OBIWURU + WILL BRAD - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: JHOANNA ALBA, MENSWEAR DESIGNER + ENTREPRENEUR - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017