The Brooklyn based art + music collective, Charly and Margaux, better known as Chargaux, is on the way to changing the way our generation listens to and appreciates the art of making music. For the past few years, they have been performing classical music together on their violins and making the world a better place with their creative visions. They are well-known for covering popular songs on their violins and for composing the ending strings of Kendrick Lamar’s Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe, as well as composing original music of their own.
Not only does Chargaux create dope music together, but they also create visual art which provides us with a new experience unlike any other in this era. Margaux once told EBONY Magazine:
I love my generation despite our flaws, so I want our music to reach them. The Internet has made us a little impatient. Everyone wants what they want right away and likes what they like. Our art is a way of changing that, of giving people something they didn’t know they wanted, a new experience. On the other hand, I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t want to reach, well, basically everyone. If somebody’s grandma is jammin’ to my song, I’d be ecstatic. As girls from Detroit and Atlanta braving New York and experiencing some of the best and challenging moments in our lives thus far, I think the music tells a beautiful story. We want you to have fun and enjoy what you hear but also feel the passion and drive behind it.
This past week Chargaux released their new self-produced project on Soundcloud, Vol 1: Art Sex. They describe this project as being “inspired by the creation and appreciation of music, visual and performance art — acts that release endorphins tantamount to a gratifying sexual encounter.”
The track list is a great compilation of songs to vibe to when you’re either ready to get creative for the night or make love. Check it out below and stay updated with new work from Chargaux by following them on Twitter and Instagram @Chargaux.
- AUDIOVISUAL: AZIA X PULL UP ON YA - September 17, 2017
- CRUISING IN PHILLY WITH PENNY SKATEBOARDS - September 17, 2017
- INTERVIEW: TAPZ, NEW ZEALAND BASED RAPPER/PRODUCER INTRODUCES US TO “NOIR R&B” MUSIC - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: HIKARI COSMETICS - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: RUMI X, AN ECO-CONSCIOUS YOGA + ACTIVEWEAR LINE MADE FROM COFFEE GRINDS - August 27, 2017
- INTERVIEW: BAD PERCEPTION BY OGEMDI OBIWURU + WILL BRAD - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: JHOANNA ALBA, MENSWEAR DESIGNER + ENTREPRENEUR - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017