The best part about learning of new brands, for me, is being introduced to the concept behind them. Whenever I come across a clothing line, magazine, artwork, etc. that was created with an intention I can closely relate to…. It’s kind of like falling into a new love.
This past week I learned about GODDESS — a t-shirt collection inspired by nineties fashion editorials and incredible women. The collection consists of six different shirts with images of six different iconic models. Each image was re-invented with paint and graphic design by two kick ass, talented artists.
This collection represents a collaboration in it’s truest form; the creative efforts of Alexa Demie and Alayne Macchiaverna come together to create a series of six visuals, visuals comprised of the most iconic faces of the nineties fashion world. GODDESS accentuates and honors the qualities of these women that made them memorable all while aiming to inspire a new generation of female powerhouses.
Kate Moss, Cindy Crawford, Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, and Helena Christensen are the models featured in the collection, each with a different design that reflects their unique vibes and influence they have made in the world.
I love these tees for various reasons, beyond the fact that I’d look great wearing one…. The first reason is that my current obsession with nineties fashion has been continuously increasing with every page I read in the book Champagne Supernovas by Maureen Callahan… Another being that the designs for the shirts are captivating and fresh — I’ve never seen anything like it before… And overall, the brand’s aesthetic and message as a whole is beautiful; fit for the real goddesses.
Check out a few images from the collection’s Lookbook below and visit the GODDESS website (http://www.demiegod.us/) to shop.
(Image Courtesy: GODDESS Tumblr)
- INTERVIEW: FRIDAY BY FRIDAY OPENS UP AND GETS REAL WITH SEASON 6 COLLECTION - June 18, 2017
- IN THE MEDIA: NEW MUSIC FROM JHENE AIKO, SZA, H.E.R., BRI STEVES + JOYCE WRICE - June 18, 2017
- THE MORNING POWER ROUTINE - June 11, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ARIEL BURNS, MODEL - June 4, 2017
- MAKING DREAMS AND REAL LIFE ALIGN WITH PHOTOGRAPHER, CATHALYSE - May 28, 2017
- LISTEN: SVGSZN PLAYLIST - May 21, 2017
- AZTEC SECRET’S INDIAN HEALING CLAY: THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL (+ 100% NATURAL) FACIAL - May 7, 2017
- INTERVIEW: HOW TO BE EVERYTHING WITH AUTHOR + MULTIPOTENTIALITE, EMILIE WAPNICK - April 30, 2017
- #THC: A HIGHER PERSPECTIVE - April 23, 2017
- DEAR LANEY X LA VIE EN ROSE FASHION SHOW - April 16, 2017