Singer/songwriter from Philadelphia, Katie Buxton has released her new single, “You Flew” from her debut EP, From Songbirds. This single describes a love that is ending, but in a beautiful way, as it is setting those involved free from the pain, the confusion, and the struggle to be appreciated it has attracted into their lives.
The song is about caring deeply for someone who is not ready to love or be loved and runs out of fear, and [it] focuses especially on the process of learning to let go.
Katie’s optimistic, yet still heart aching, story about a journey of love that many have us been on has the ability to quickly change your mood and make you feel something powerful. After all, what’s more powerful than love?? Love may hurt sometimes, but as long as we are able to view it as a necessary experience to the process of finding ourselves and reaching our goals, it’s a good kind of hurt that can, ultimately, allow us to fly away freely.
Katie Buxton proves herself to be a talented songwriter as she continues to put her heart and emotions into her creations. I look forward to seeing what she has in store for music in the future.
- AUDIOVISUAL: AZIA X PULL UP ON YA - September 17, 2017
- CRUISING IN PHILLY WITH PENNY SKATEBOARDS - September 17, 2017
- INTERVIEW: TAPZ, NEW ZEALAND BASED RAPPER/PRODUCER INTRODUCES US TO “NOIR R&B” MUSIC - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: HIKARI COSMETICS - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: RUMI X, AN ECO-CONSCIOUS YOGA + ACTIVEWEAR LINE MADE FROM COFFEE GRINDS - August 27, 2017
- INTERVIEW: BAD PERCEPTION BY OGEMDI OBIWURU + WILL BRAD - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: JHOANNA ALBA, MENSWEAR DESIGNER + ENTREPRENEUR - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017