Canadian singer/songwriter, Laura Roy has recently released her debut self-titled EP. Laura is a college music graduate who is quickly becoming known for her pop-R&B vocals. From selling her music out of her backpack during lunch time in high school to sharing the stage with artists such as Ludacris and Rakim, it’s clear that she’s got the right mentality to make a name for herself in music.
“I’ve been working on the EP for the last year and a half. I’ve tried to make sure the music represents my experiences in a way that feels true to who I am as an artist right now.”
The Laura Roy EP consists of 6 tracks with 90’s R&B/pop vibes which naturally, I absolutely love. What really attracted me to Laura’s sound though, was a YouTube video of the acoustic version of her song “Plastic.” I’ve instantly become a fan of her style of music and you might too!
Check the acoustic video out below, follow Laura Roy on Twitter + Instagram @LauraRoyMusic and listen to her EP via Apple Music or Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/lauraeroymusic.
- AUDIOVISUAL: AZIA X PULL UP ON YA - September 17, 2017
- CRUISING IN PHILLY WITH PENNY SKATEBOARDS - September 17, 2017
- INTERVIEW: TAPZ, NEW ZEALAND BASED RAPPER/PRODUCER INTRODUCES US TO “NOIR R&B” MUSIC - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: HIKARI COSMETICS - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: RUMI X, AN ECO-CONSCIOUS YOGA + ACTIVEWEAR LINE MADE FROM COFFEE GRINDS - August 27, 2017
- INTERVIEW: BAD PERCEPTION BY OGEMDI OBIWURU + WILL BRAD - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: JHOANNA ALBA, MENSWEAR DESIGNER + ENTREPRENEUR - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017