Canadian singer/songwriter, Laura Roy has recently released her debut self-titled EP. Laura is a college music graduate who is quickly becoming known for her pop-R&B vocals. From selling her music out of her backpack during lunch time in high school to sharing the stage with artists such as Ludacris and Rakim, it’s clear that she’s got the right mentality to make a name for herself in music.
“I’ve been working on the EP for the last year and a half. I’ve tried to make sure the music represents my experiences in a way that feels true to who I am as an artist right now.”
The Laura Roy EP consists of 6 tracks with 90’s R&B/pop vibes which naturally, I absolutely love. What really attracted me to Laura’s sound though, was a YouTube video of the acoustic version of her song “Plastic.” I’ve instantly become a fan of her style of music and you might too!
Check the acoustic video out below, follow Laura Roy on Twitter + Instagram @LauraRoyMusic and listen to her EP via Apple Music or Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/lauraeroymusic.
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017
- KEHLANI UNITES AND GIVES BACK TO LOCAL COMMUNITIES DURING HER SWEETSEXYSAVAGE TOUR - July 18, 2017
- INTERVIEW: FRIDAY BY FRIDAY OPENS UP AND GETS REAL WITH SEASON 6 COLLECTION - June 18, 2017
- IN THE MEDIA: NEW MUSIC FROM JHENE AIKO, SZA, H.E.R., BRI STEVES + JOYCE WRICE - June 18, 2017
- THE MORNING POWER ROUTINE - June 11, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ARIEL BURNS, MODEL - June 4, 2017
- MAKING DREAMS AND REAL LIFE ALIGN WITH PHOTOGRAPHER, CATHALYSE - May 28, 2017
- LISTEN: SVGSZN PLAYLIST - May 21, 2017