Visual art has always been so intriguing because it conveys all types of messages, big and small, through different mediums. While taking an art history course a few years ago, I had the opportunity to learn about artwork and the stories of specific artists I had not been previously exposed to. From the meaning behind Frida Khalo’s self portraits to the pyramids created by ancient Egyptians; my eyes were opened to various forms of art that have been changing the world way before our time.
There were many great female artists in the past who have greatly influenced art today… And there are also many talented young women today who have already begun influencing the artists of the future. Below are some recent pieces from a few of my favorite artists who are currently creating and hustling hard to share their art with the world. Through sharing their selfies + art work on social networks, participating in art shows + events, attracting legendary well-known supporters, and more… These three artists have built their brands up and been able to express their unique visions in their own way.
Sue Tsai, sue-tasi.com, @SueTsai
“A Love Worth The Fight” — The left old school boxing glove is meant to represent the older generation, willing to fight till the end for love no matter how tough the battle. The right new age boxing glove represents the current generation, giving up too easily when times get rough, afraid of a few scuffs. #PutUpAFight #ItTakesTwo
Iris Bonner, thesepinklips.com, @ThesePinkLips
Stella Blu, bystellablu.com, @ByStellaBlu
Visit their sites to learn more about who they are and what they’re all about!
- INTERVIEW: FRIDAY BY FRIDAY OPENS UP AND GETS REAL WITH SEASON 6 COLLECTION - June 18, 2017
- IN THE MEDIA: NEW MUSIC FROM JHENE AIKO, SZA, H.E.R., BRI STEVES + JOYCE WRICE - June 18, 2017
- THE MORNING POWER ROUTINE - June 11, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ARIEL BURNS, MODEL - June 4, 2017
- MAKING DREAMS AND REAL LIFE ALIGN WITH PHOTOGRAPHER, CATHALYSE - May 28, 2017
- LISTEN: SVGSZN PLAYLIST - May 21, 2017
- AZTEC SECRET’S INDIAN HEALING CLAY: THE WORLD’S MOST POWERFUL (+ 100% NATURAL) FACIAL - May 7, 2017
- INTERVIEW: HOW TO BE EVERYTHING WITH AUTHOR + MULTIPOTENTIALITE, EMILIE WAPNICK - April 30, 2017
- #THC: A HIGHER PERSPECTIVE - April 23, 2017
- DEAR LANEY X LA VIE EN ROSE FASHION SHOW - April 16, 2017