I’ve been spending a lot of time reading lately; all types of books from fiction to business strategies to autobiographies (side note: Have you heard that Gucci Mane is dropping an autobiography this year?! I’m here for it, lol). On days that I’m sick and stuck in the house, it feels much better to read tons of books than to be left alone of all my thoughts about my lack of productivity.
One of the books that has really impacted my current perspective on life is The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*CK by Mark Manson. It’s a book that takes the anti-self-help route in order to inspire you to, well, help yourself. Mark Manson breaks down the many ways in which the issues we face in life stem from overthinking, over stressing, and over giving-a-fuck. It could all be so simple, but you’d rather make it hard…
Each chapter includes a concept along with stories and examples of why they hold up to be effective. No matter what your lifestyle, career goals, or personal interests are… I consider The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*CK to be a good read for anyone. It touches on the importance of acceptance, understanding, honesty, and open-mindedness.
Mark Manson is a blogger turned best selling author and internet entrepreneur. He gives raw life advice based on his personal experiences and observations of social behaviors. A common theme in his lessons is how the idea of positive thinking can do more harm than good; how pushing ourselves to stay positive in negative situations is an unrealistic way of thinking… And how it’s more progressive to accept the negative aspects of our lives rather than to pretend they don’t exist. He provides a point of view that I very much appreciate being introduced to at this stage of my life. I think you might like it, too.
The desire for more positive experience is itself a negative experience. And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one’s negative experience is itself a positive experience.
- AUDIOVISUAL: AZIA X PULL UP ON YA - September 17, 2017
- CRUISING IN PHILLY WITH PENNY SKATEBOARDS - September 17, 2017
- INTERVIEW: TAPZ, NEW ZEALAND BASED RAPPER/PRODUCER INTRODUCES US TO “NOIR R&B” MUSIC - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: HIKARI COSMETICS - September 3, 2017
- SUNDAY VIEWS: RUMI X, AN ECO-CONSCIOUS YOGA + ACTIVEWEAR LINE MADE FROM COFFEE GRINDS - August 27, 2017
- INTERVIEW: BAD PERCEPTION BY OGEMDI OBIWURU + WILL BRAD - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: JHOANNA ALBA, MENSWEAR DESIGNER + ENTREPRENEUR - August 20, 2017
- INTERVIEW: ASVP NAIL BAR BY VICTORIA NGUYEN - August 6, 2017
- BEHIND THE BRAND: ADORNED BY CHI EMPOWERS THE LIFESTYLES OF MISFITS AND MAGICAL GIRLS - July 30, 2017
- BEE RADIANT WITH THIS 100% ORGANIC FACE OIL BY VERNAL BEAUTY - July 30, 2017